Eating a po-boy is a quintessential New Orleans experience.?
Whether you've lived in Louisiana your whole life or like to visit the Big Easy during Mardi Gras, chances are you've found a place that serves your favorite French bread, fried shrimp or other unique toppings that make a po-boy special.
The combinations are endless. Whether you like, shrimp, roast beef, half and half, or even French fry, there's a combo for everyone.?
But we're curious, New Orleans?— which restaurant in the metro area makes your favorite??
Nola.com food experts Ian McNulty and Chelsea Shannon picked 40 of the top po-boy purveyors. Some are institutions, others are up-and-coming spots and a few are hidden gems or tourist destinations.
Now it's time for you to weigh in.
Voting is open now in Nola.com's first ever po-boy bracket. In the first four rounds, more than 300,000 votes were cast that narrowed the list to the final two: Melba's and Parkway Tavern & Bakery.
Here's how to have your voice heard:?
- Take our poll below and pick your favorite.?
- This poll is not scientific; you can vote as many times as you want by simply refreshing the story page.?
- If you have more than one favorite on the list, you can refresh the page and vote for a different restaurant the next time.?
- Share our story with friends and tell them to vote, too!
The semifinals round closes at 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8. The winner will be announced soon after.
Here are the 40 restaurants nominated in our po-boy bracket:?
- Parkway Tavern & Bakery, New Orleans
- Domilise's, New Orleans
- Guy's Po-boys, New Orleans
- Tracey's Original Irish Channel Bar, New Orleans
- Melba's, New Orleans
- Radosta's Restaurant, Metairie?
- Bear's at Gennaro's, Metairie?
- Bear's Restaurant, Covington?
- Pontchartrain Po-boys, Mandeville
- Mahony's Po-boys & Seafood, New Orleans
- Liuzza's by the Track, New Orleans?
- Tag's Meat Market & Deli, Chalmette
- Rocky & Carlo's, Chalmette?
- Zimmer's Seafood, New Orleans
- Juneau's Sandwich Shop, Marrero?
- Chateau Orleans Po-Boys, Marrero?
- Sammy's Food Service & Deli, New Orleans
- Bobby's Seafood, River Ridge
- Johnny's Po-Boys, New Orleans?
- Po-Boy King, Metairie?
- NOLA Poboys, New Orleans
- Seither's Seafood, Harahan
- Short Stop Po-Boys, Metairie
- Parran's Po-Boys, Metairie & Kenner
- R&O's Restaurant, Metairie
- Verti Marte, New Orleans
- Li'l Dizzy's Cafe, New Orleans
- Frady's One Stop, New Orleans
- Parasol's, New Orleans
- Clesi's Seafood, New Orleans
- Central PoBoys, Jefferson
- Parenton's Poboys, Jefferson
- Neyow's Creole Cafe, New Orleans
- Fat Boy Pantry, New Orleans
- Mother's Restaurant, New Orleans
- High Hat Cafe, New Orleans
- Bahn Mi Boys, New Orleans
- Mandina's, New Orleans
- Danny & Clydes, New Orleans?
- The Little Easy, New Orleans?